900mhz removal

Discussion in 'EVO' started by Agustine, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Right from Autel.

"
    Andrew AR
    We have spent considerable time and engineering efforts to enhance and refine the automatic channel switching on the 2.4GHz frequency. Numerous range tests and a vigorous quality assurance process has been taken to ensure the signal is strong, reliable and can achieve the full range of 7KM in ideal conditions.

The 900MHz frequency is used by Emergency Services in some European countries. This decision was made to help open up sales internationally for the future. We feel confident that this minor change will not affect the performance of EVO and will open the door for new pilots globally."

2. Saw that and got pretty much the same response from Autel. I was surprised to see 900 khz initially with Autel anyway, although I agree it would push through bush and trees better than 2.4.

I have seen a lot of posts from Mavic Air users where some swear by the 5.8 over the 2.4 and most just swear at it. This includes other models as well but I primarily did research on the Air at one point before deciding on giving Autel a go.

Time will tell...tick tock...

3. I know this is an older post, but I am a little confused. The specs in the manual show both 2.4Ghz and 900 Mhz. So does it actually have both?

4. It is my understanding that although the EVO has 900 Mhz it has been disabled for civilian use. Only Police Fire ect.. get that enabled. We have 2.4 Ghz only. Someone else may have some more up to date info...

5. Dang, I need to get signal through trees. I shall see how it works out.

6. is it possible to restore the original factory firmwere I said that because I had the option to choose the frequency 900mhz much more effective to cross the trees with a better control at low altitude like following a river. But I did the update that I regret I do not can no longer fly at low altitude in a forest .

7. Give it some time for an EVO fanbase, if a copy of the old firmware with 900Mhz enabled exists, someone will patch the latest firmware from the 900mhz communications functionality.

DJI has a pretty decent-size community posting custom modded firmware with forced updates, geofencing and height-restrictions removed.

DJI up through mavic P2 you can download and flash the firmware for free hosted at sourceforge.com, looks about as straightforward as rooting an Android phone, installed a custom boot loader and ROMs, etc.