A few questions about new EVO

Discussion in 'EVO' started by xfallen, May 3, 2019.

1. Greetings,

I just received a new EVO. So far so good. Flew it once on the out-of-the-box firmware (sorry, do not recall the revision) and just updated to the 1.3.46. It flew great on its maiden voyage so I am sure it can only get better.

The first question is about fan behavior and noise. Upon initial power up, the remote spins the fan up rather aggressively then it tames down. Presumably this is a very understandable self test. At what may be max speed, the fan sounds very noisy emitting a sound reminiscent of bad bearings or an imbalanced blade. The sound and fan speed reduces a lot in short order, and it is just okay during normal use, but is still a little noisy to the point that I find it somewhat distracting. I have not heard this behavior mentioned in reviews, maybe I missed it. Is this typical for the EVO RC? Fan noise on the aircraft itself is what one might expect from a fan, and raises no concerns.

This next question is probably a FAQ but haven't seen a satisfying answer yet: any idea when altitude adjustment will come to the tracking mode? I bought the EVO knowing this was not in place but also with the belief (hope?) it was being worked on actively, so, my choice and responsibility of course. I can do without the functionality for some amount of time, but it will be a show stopper at some point in the near future.

Thanks!

2. My controller fan sounded fine when new and now emits the bad bearing sound. It would be nice to have a temperature indicator for controller.

Tracking has a 10 meter minimum to begin with, then afaict, I can lower the evo and it still seems to track.

If i quickly do a 90 degree turn and run to get outside of the evo's sight, I can make it lose me. A little more smarts for the tracking would be nice: "I lost him on the right side of the screen, so I'll yaw right to try to find him."