Agricultural Crops Videos and Pics

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by ovrszd, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Hopefully we can get participation in this thread. Any crop will do. Pictures or Video.

2. Here's a video of a Corn field in Northern Missouri shot on 18 July 2017.

5 people like this.
  3. Very nice vid of the cornfields as here in Ontario Canada the corn has not even tasseled yet as this spring was horrible being cold and rainy which will result in a bad crop year for us.
    I was wondering as I read somewhere a long time ago if we would run the drone just above the corn at tasseling time if it might increase yield a bit, just imagine an army of x-stars doing the fields
    in july, or as a separate matter when Autel comes out with the infrared cameras showing stress areas of a field. This might help needed sales for Autel as maybe they would have to come with a green model.:)

Take care all

Norm

4. We've had a great growing season. Started planting corn on 23 March. We are in the middle of a heat wave now. If we don't pick up a chance rain in the next week it will begin to impact yield.

Friend of mine lost his Drone in a corn field last year. Found it before harvest. As you know the Drone only logs elevation from the launch point. He was trying to video at a low elevation. The field inclined upward. He didn't allow for that. :(

My good friend, who I video crops of, already uses sources such as "climate.com" for data regarding crop progression. His equipment is all GPS guided. I'm afraid there is already sources for daily information concerning crop progress. A Drone might already be outdated...... :(

5. Here's a video of Soybeans. Common crop for us here in the Midwest. Not so much for other areas. Enjoy. :)

6. Nice soya fields that seem not much squared but look lush which is the principle, over here we have either corn or soya here and many average approx. 2000 acres, this year though they are still not blooming, likely this harvest we might get only a ton/acre if we're lucky, do you have soybean also in your particular fields? you mentioned tile drainage well in the 80's I was licensed to put in tile and in those years I put in average of 1 million and a half feet of plastic tile but I can go back even when we used to put clay tiles in the seventies, I worked for a company that owned 3 Cat plows and a buckeye (wheel trencher) for up to 40" concrete mains. In those days we used lazer but now it's all nicely done with GPS. What is your average soya harvest per acre?
    Again nice vids.

take Care

Norm

7. This crop is soybeans. Corn and soybeans are tbe primary crops here.

My Cousins worked for a tile contractor in tbe 60s and 70s. In the beginning they laid foot long clay tiles one at a time. Tbry were paid 1 cent per tile. Stood on a platform in the trench and pickef the tile off a pallet and placed them using a hook tool with a long wooden handle. Technology has came far!!!!

8. #8 Normex, Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2017
    I know you deal with bushels an acre but for us we deal in metric ton per acre so how is your average yield/acre ?
    And another question if I may how much do the land tiled sell for per acre in your part,
    We (the family) sold 80 acres this winter for $15,000.00/acre

Thanks

9. The bottom field in the video was in corn last year and yielded 180 bushels per acre. If we continue to get good rains, it will yield 65 bushels per acre of soybeans this year.

If sold, that field would cost $5,000 per acre. The hill ground later in the video would cost $3,500 per acre.

If renting the land, bottom would cost $225 and hill would cost $175 per acre.

I sold 6 acres of hill ground two years ago for $7,500 per acre. But that was a small acreage buy and isn't a true reflection of current land cost.

10. Those are very good yields and similar to ours in a good crop year. The rental is also similar to ours, one stupid question if I may: are you able to achieve 2 crops per year as your winter must be tame compared to us.

11. Interesting view of the fields. I had no idea there were so many trees there in the fields. Can certainly see there has been rain and signs of eroding in some parts of the field.

12. The only way we can claim two crops is Winter Wheat seeded in the Fall. Har est the wheat in late June and follow it with no-till soybeans. Requires very good rainfall thru late Summer to get good bean yield. Some try it though to mix up the crop rotation a bit.

Corn planting starts the end of March.

Our average date for first killing frost is 10 October.

13. I'll ask Doug what his average field size is. I'll guess it's around 75 acres. The property he lives on is 1,000 in one field. I'll ask if I can video that property. It's a beautiful farm.

Erosion is definitely a concern here. Drone pics tend to flatten everything.

14. Here's a video I shot of my neighbor mowing hay with a disc mower.

15. Interesting and does he do hay silage as well ? I did some a couple years ago operating a Fendt vario transmission with the computer that stayed the rpm the same but adjusted the forward speed depending on the size of the row.

16. Very little hay silage here. Mostly dry large round bales.

17. Drone 15 3 (1 of 1).jpg Shot some video this evening but for now all I have to post is a still. Shows the wheat field that is burning out on the light hilltops due to drought.

18. Is that wheat that was drilled this Spring? All of our wheat is Winter wheat which is Drilled in Fall.

Are you having drought conditions or is that normal thin spots due to soil type?

The spots you planted around, are they always skipped and if so why?

Thanks for the pic Roosty.

19. All spring wheat here. Those gravelly hilltops along the creeks always show a little stress during heat or drought. The past 7 years of excess rain had eliminated that problem but this year we are way below normal precip.
    Those sloughs I seeded around are probably dry enough to work now. For the first time in years. I need to get to work on the video.

20. My neighbor was piling large round bales of grass hay the other day so I videoed him for a bit.