Autel Evo App screen tap shows a lock... what does it do?

Discussion in 'EVO' started by hispeed68, Aug 23, 2018.

1. I have a new EVO and used the Autel App on my maiden voyage and was learning everything I could. I touched the screen on the app after connecting and a yellow unlocked lock with a circle around it popped up right where I tapped. If I touched the symbol before it disappeared the lock would change to locked and the image would disappear. I know it is hard to read but I read it slowly and finally understood my own description. Anyone know what this is? There's absolutely nothing in the app.... autel page... or online that I can find. I did see something about the X-Star's IOC HomeLock option switch and am wondering if this is that function and someone just forgot to add the description. Any help is appreciated.

2. I have noticed this too and not a clue as to what its for but pretty sure it has nothing to do with a homeloc feature. Hopefully someone has the answer.

hispeed68 likes this.
  3. Thanks Copshopmech. Went out and burned through three batteries and completely forgot to test that feature! Practiced manually orbiting around obstacles to get good at inspecting roofs. Typical bad memory when fun is injected. Maybe next time... still need help from someone who knows.

4. That is the exposure lock. It is on the XSP I use it all the time to prevent the auto WB from changing the exposure as you change scenes.

5. Rkyleh, thanks for the info. Can you quickly explain what that would do and is it just for my phone screen or does it affect the video on the drone as well? Again, thanks for the help.

6. When you use the auto white balance and you rotate the drone or fly from a light area over a dark area sometimes the exposure will change. You have probably seen that on your screen. The lock will keep the exposure from changing. You will have to experiment a little to find the exposure you want to keep. tap on an area then tap on the padlock. the padlock will close this shows you have the image locked. I do it at the start of each video. Hope this helps and doesn't make the water any muddier.:)
    Go to 3:52 in this video and she explains it.
    https://www.autelrobotics.com/support/part-3-capturing-video/

7. Cool :cool:, thanks for the info and link rkyleh. :)