Autel Robotics EVO Drone Specs

Discussion in 'EVO' started by admin, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Here are some of the Autel Robotics EVO drone specs:
    - 4K/12MP Camera, 94° FOV
    - 60FPS Video
    - Sony CMOS 1/2.3" Sensor, F2.8
    - Ambarella H2 Image Processor
    - Supported SD Card Types: Micro-SD Card 4GB-128GB Class 10
    - Camera Modes: Single Shot, Burst Shooting, AEB, Time-Lapse
    - File Formats: Photo: JPG/DNG; Video: MOV/MP4

2. What kind of batteries?

3. Nevermind... There's a video at CES showing the battery being detached.

4. What's the expected top speed of the EVO?

5. Any info on control and video range? Would like to see how it compares to Mavic specs.

6. 11.4V, 4300 mAh Li-Po battery, 30 minutes of flight time, charges in 1.3 hours.

Max speed is up to 20 metres per second (44 miles per hour).

Range is 7 kilometres (4.2 miles). EVO's controller has a built-in 3.3 inch OLED screen with 720p live video.

7. The range is the only thing that has me hanging around.

8. Hi!
    What is the bitrate and codec of video in 4K60 , 4K30 and 1080p modes?

9. Im sure the bitrate will be the same as the x-star for the 1080 and 4k 30fps, but you might need to call them about the 60 fps. If you do call plz let us know.

10. They added this info on the website
    • 4k 60FPS, 2.7k 60FPS, 1080p 120FPS
    • 100mbps Bitrate at 4K 60FPS
    • Sony CMOS 1/2.3″ Sensor, F2.8,
    • 94° FOV
    • Ambarella H2 Image Processor
    • Modes: Single, Burst, AEB, Time-lapse
    • File Formats – Photo: JPG/DNG Video: MOV/MP4

11. I'm beginning to gain interest in the EVO however, I'm not thrilled that the only external device you can use is a phone. No tablet? You'd think they would allow for that option. I do not have a "smartphone". I do not need or want a mobile phone service so, is there a way to use one without having to pay for a phone connection? It would be nice to see Autel give us some other option for external devices.

12. You buy a cheap Android prepaid phone for 40.00 new if not cheaper and you don't need to activate it. And you could use a tablet if you wanted to, it just wont fit in the mount on the controller. So I bet someone will end up making a add-on mount to hold a tablet.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight...a-Pro-16GB-Prepaid-Smartphone-Black/708236785

13. I wouldn't give up so easy Labrat. You can connect a tablet to this controller you just can't mount it in the little clamping device atop of it. With a lttle imagination I bet some one could make it work. I already have thoughts just waiting to get my hands on it.

rhconcepts likes this.
  14. I posed the question to Autel about devices for the EVO. Here's their reply:

Thank you for contacting Autel Robotics, and for your interest in the EVO! The current controller design has been completed for the use with a smart phone or a smaller tablet. I do not have confirmation of, but have heard rumors that there may be an additional option for tablets, or, it may require the use of a third party part. When we showed the EVO at CES, were were flying with the use of a tablet, however it was not mounted to the controller. Keep an eye on our website, and social media as updates will be made via those avenues. It could be that when the EVO is released it could have the option for the use of a tablet. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

15. If they don't support a tablet like I said someone will make something, they woild crazy not to have the options. I wish they would have added in fvp on this one.

16. #16 LabRat1957, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    The words "rumors" and "third party" stand out to me. There were rumors about a couple things that never materialized for the XSP, and except for propellers, never did see any third party offerings. Batteries for instance. They are becoming scarce for the XSP while there are a couple of options for Yuneec, and DJI drones... even the Mavic. Will the EVO be just as proprietary? We'll have to wait and see. I really want the EVO to be a success for Autel.

17. I believe the DJI vs Autel lawsuit had a big part in why things never got released, like the new camera. They did make long-range antennas for the XSP, but otherwise the XSP did not get the attention it deserved. If the new drone gets the attention and that demand is there people will make parts for it. I really think this one will take off in the market if the first couple reviews are good.

copshopmech likes this.
  18. Have you seen this yet? New changes to the EVO. Looks great! I'm liking it more as the wait gets shorter. Check out this YouTube video:

Normex likes this.
  19. Even better hope they release soon I did my preorder back in January

20. Oh VR :) that’s sweet. It would score a ten if it shipped with the 1” sensor