Autel X-Star WiFi - $499

Discussion in 'X-Star / X-Star Premium' started by TomKnAL, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Really good deal!

2. I later learned that this is part of "Startup Week" and the $499 price should be good through 11/8. I also heard that Autel will be dropping the WiFi model.

3. Hi guys, i'm new to the whole drone craze and am interested in the X-Star wifi. Is there a major difference in the Premium & Wifi that will affect how it flies? Also, what is the major difference in between connecting thru wifi or directly connecting to the radio with a cable. The Wifi version is more in line with my budget but I could sway towards the Premium. One difference I've noted is the range of flight being less on the WiFi version than the Premium but I am not real concerned with flying over 1 mile.

Thanks for your help.

4. The distance is the only thing I would be worried about. Since you aren't I'd say go for it.

3 people like this.
  5. Thanks #40Fan. Would the WiFi be more prone to having problems than the Premium?

6. No. Everything is essentially the same except for how the controller connects to your device (using Wifi instead of a cable) and the frequency that the video is sent back from the drone to your controller (2.4Ghz versus 900Mhz on the premium). There is a 5.8Ghz antenna that both drone controllers use to send commands to the drone. I am still not completely sure why the Wifi model has a shorter range or how it is made cheaper considering the built in Wifi processor. If I didn't already have a premium, I'd be all over this drone.

7. Thanks again. I went ahead and pulled the plug on this one from Carolina Dronz and looking forward to hitting the skies and not the ground. Couldn't pass on the price. My son just received a Phantom 3 Standard and also looking forward to comparing the two aircraft. Neither one of us has flown drones before but have some experience in a few helicopters.