BAD XSP Battery wanted - dead batteries wanted

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by chris.jackson, Aug 14, 2018.

1. #1 chris.jackson, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    I want dead, no good, non-functional, will not charge, no good to you, X-Star batteries to experiment with.

I was a Systems Engineer who installed and serviced automation and robitics nation wide. I was involved in industrial maintenance in the aerospace industry before that.

I want to tear a few X-Star batteries apart, dispose of the original LiPo battery, and do some testing. As they are glued together and not intended to be serviced, I will probably destroy a few housings getting them open and possibly electronics experimenting with different batteries. I will need parts to assemble prototypes to test.

My goal is to find, or assemble, a replacemant battery that will fit into the Autel battery housing. The battery will be assembled from off the shelf individual cells (e.g. 18650 type). If not inside, possibly a 2 battery modification to be mounted externally on the drone. Either way, I want to get ahead of a future with no available batteries and a perfectly operational drone.

I do not intend or desire to make a better lithium battery, or charger. I don't plan to develop anything.
    I plan to search for a solution that is already there. It probably already exists, I'm just trying to find it and apply it to our needs.

Connecting several off the shelf batteries to achieve the proper voltage and amperage isn't rocket science, it's done in laptops, cordless tools and many other applications.

There's no need to re-invent the wheel.

So if anyone has any dead, no good to you anyway, batteries they would donate to the cause, I would love to have them.

If I do happen to find a solution, I will share the results of my tests with battery types, part numbers and vendors info.

Anyone who has a crashed X-Star or X-Star Premium body/shell to donate would be great also because I plan to experiment with 2 external batteries, which will require modification of the shell - and I don't want to cut on mine until I need to. If you had to replace the body/shell and have the damaged one laying around, I would like to have that too. Color doesn't matter.

If you have questions or want to discuss ideas, call me. 77O-63O-two zero 9 eight.

Thanks,
    Chris

2. #2 Cori, Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    Deleted

3. I wrote a 3 page reply to this. When I read it, it wasn't nice.

So I'll just state this:
    I must not have "the necessary education and knowledge" to reply in a gentlemanly fashion.

However, I did update my original post.

4. By updating your original post, you addressed my concerns. Thus, I deleted my previous post. I didn't mean to offend you. Sorry.

5. I have enough to experiment with for now. Thanks!

Chris

6. Hi Chris I have been online looking for a charger for an x-star premium for some time now and can't seem to find one. I see you know something's about electronics and was interested in seeing if by any chance you can make a charger to charge my batteries and controller that you can sell to me for my 10yr old son's drone. If so please message me at 4.80 seven.9.9 ten.43

7. where do you live? I have a extra one. if you want to pay shipping

8. I live in Mesa, Az and if you would do that I would be grateful and my son would be so happy which is what I really want to see. His Bday is coming up on the 24th so it will come as a great Bday gift for him. Please let me know what information you need and I will get that to you ASAP. My e-mail is mesa.az.216930 at Gmail.com and my phone # is 4.8.0- 7.NINE.9 ONE.0.FOUR.3 if you would like to get a hold of me. Thank you and have a great day.

9. I live in Mesa, Az and if you would do that I would be grateful and my son would be so happy which is what I really want to see. His Bday is coming up on the 24th so it will come as a great Bday gift for him. Please let me know what information you need and I will get that to you ASAP. My e-mail is mesa.az.216930 at Gmail.com and my phone # is 4.8.0- 7.NINE.9 ONE.0.FOUR.3 if you would like to get a hold of me. Thank you and have a great day.

10. Tried to email you but mesa.az.216930 at Gmail.com is not a good address. bodaciousman92@yahoo.com