Battery Life

Discussion in 'X-Star / X-Star Premium' started by Roosty6, Nov 1, 2018.

1. How long do these Xstar premium batteries last in normal use? I had my first one replaced on warranty when it was only 6 months old. Now this replacement is only good for 19 minutes at 100% and its only a year old. Not very many hours on it either.

2. I think there is a way to refresh the battery. If memory serves you got to bring the state of charge as low as possible. What I do is fly to low battery warning then hover till critical battery warning then attempt to stay aloft with the upstick till it has no choice but to land, I can bring the state of state of charge down to about 2%. I do this every 10 cycles on both my batteries and both are about 2 years old, I forget how many total cycles on them but I get 22-24 minutes flight time.

3. The LiPo batteries are good for roughly 300 full discharge cycles. The need to be taken care of properly. Copshopmech is correct on the deep discharge every ten cycles or so. But they must be stored and used properly. Look at the Autel battery maintenance information. There are you tube videos as well on how to maintain them.