Battery Life

Discussion in 'X-Star / X-Star Premium' started by Roosty6, Jun 13, 2019.

1. I've probably asked this before but how long is the average life span of the battery for the X Star Premium? I think mine is getting on for 2 years but not a lot of hours on it. It will only go 14 minutes on a full charge now which is about half what it was when new. First battery was replaced while still on warranty.

2. Mine are doing the same. I was thinking about trying a battery software update. I have read a lot on the net about poor quality Autel Extreme batteries - so disappointing when the drones and the cameras are so good.

3. I'm still running on the same battery but have not flown much the past few months. Got about ten minutes last flight. Have not tried any software updates.

4. Not yet, I hope to do this later today. I will let you know what happens.

5. Has anyone figured out how to replace the battery cells in this unit yet? This gentleman appears to have been working on it, but never gave us any additional updates:

I've looked everywhere and can no longer find anyone that sells batteries, including Autel itself. I have two batteries: one bulging and one that appears as though it should work, but doesn't turn on / charge at all any longer.

6. Has anyone been able to get their batteries to charge? I have two batteries about two years old and about ten flights between them. My drone has never had any issues until batteries would not charge after being stored for about three months. They where charged to 50% for storage, now do not take a charge or turn on. I spoke to AUtel tech support and was told that I need to charge the batteries before three months. This is not mentioned in any of the manuals.

7. I solved my problem of short battery life on the Autel by buying a DJI Mavic Air 2.

8. My batteries are in perfect condition. No where does it say in the manual that you have to charge these batteries every three months. Autel knows they have an issue with the battery circuit boards running the batteries down to where they will not charge anymore. I got no support from Autel, just want me to buy another $1500 drone.