Best Tablet To Use With The Controller ?

Discussion in 'X-Star / X-Star Premium' started by Pittsburgh Bill, Dec 28, 2016.

1. My Autel X-Star Premium will be arriving on Thursday and I'm very excited. Can anyone recommend a tablet to use with the controller ?

2. Are you an Android or an iOS user?

3. Android

4. ZTE U9180 Android 4.4.2
    Sony XL39h Android 4.4.4
    HTC M9pw Android 5.0
    HTC Nexus 9 Android 6.0.1
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Android 5.0.2
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Android 4.4.4
    Samsung Galaxy Tab A Android 5.0.2
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Android 5.1.1
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S Android 5.0.2
    Huawei GRA TL00 Android 5.0.1
    Huawei CRR UL00 Android 5.1.1
    Mi Note LTE Android 4.4.4
    Nubia Z9 NX508J Android 5.0.2
    Nvidia Shield K1 Android 6.0.1
    Moto Xstyle Android 5.1.1
    HTC M8t Android 4.4.2
    Oppo R7 Plus Android 5.1.1
    Oppo R7 Android 4.4.4
    RedMi HM1S Android 4.4.4
    Vivo X5 Pro D Android 5.0

7 people like this.
  5. These are all tested devices for the Starlink App. I keep hearing that the Nvidia Shield works pretty good. Good luck!

4 people like this.
  6. Thank you !

7. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7" (2016) works perfectly so far for me and BestBuy has them for less than $100. I looked at every device on the list Autel provides. Most of them come back with no hits on Amazon (Except for repair parts) and the others are much more expensive.

Cheers,

Dan K.

8. I just went through this same thing. I ended up going with the Nvidia K1 Shield. I heard it is what Autel uses in its testing. So far I am very very happy. Awesome display, very very snappy and the price was right ($200)

9. got my grandaughter a SS S2 tab@ best buy. It's expensive $249, but 32 gb and a great tab......a 8 " BTW

10. Does the device need cellular connectivity?

11. 3 people like this.
  12. No to cellular and wifi isn't a must either (with the premium version).

14. I have a 8inch Samsung and no problems

15. Has anybody tried a NeuTab N7 tablet as a monitor?

16. If I buy a tablet with no cellular data (wifi only), will I still have the same capabilities? Will GPS work on the device? Will the drone know where "home" is?

17. I will be using my apple I pad air2 .

18. I cannot find verification anywhere, but I could swear that I read that the X-Star remote controller has GPS built in to it and it is the GPS location of the controller which the bird locks on to for the return to home function.

I'm certain you don't need a cellular connection as my Galaxy Tab A 7" has wifi and GPS only and it works perfectly in the field. I just have to cache the maps before leaving home to compensate for no cell capability.

If I were you I'd just call Autel. They're open 7 days a week for tech support and it costs nothing more than a few minutes of your time.

Cheers,

Dan K.

19. Will a 10" tablet fit in the controller?