Considering the X-Star, but how's the app?

Discussion in 'X-Star / X-Star Premium' started by Pat, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Hi all. Ok, so my brothers and I chipped in and bought my dad a DJI Phantom 3 Standard (is that a dirty word here?) and since then we've all caught the drone bug.

I'm seriously considering an X-Star premium, but since flying a DJI, I've absolutely fallen in love with the Litchi app (www.flylitchi.com). I mean there is no easier way to set up missions in the browser, load to the app and fly. You can get some ridiculously fantastic cinematic shots completely hands free.

So that's my big reservation - does X-Star have anything comparable to Litchi, or is there a 3rd party app similar to Litchi for Autel drones? If so, I'm sold!

2. Currently no there is not. Hopefully there will be in the future now that they are finally releasing an SDK.
    I bought Litchi, but haven't used it yet. Guess I should get on it :) (for my P3P)

3. Dude, Litchi will blow your mind. It's so easy to set up and plan missions in the hub. You can set up points of interest with dynamic gimbal angles, and best of all, it'll add curves to the flight path.

Panoramic shots, active tracking, it's got it all.

I only use the stock DJI app for firmware updates and now only use Litchi for flying.

3 people like this.