DJI's GO App Quiz?

Discussion in 'General' started by LabRat1957, May 4, 2018.

1. #1 LabRat1957, May 4, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
    I know this is not a DJI forum but I thought I'd bring this up just for general discussion.

I guess it's been around for a while now but, I just heard of it a few days ago. Apparently you have to take a quiz before you can fly DJI products? Their "Go" app now has a 9 question quiz that has to be passed in order to fly. Is this a good thing? Will Autel try something like this? Will we be forced to have something like it in the future due to all the new and upcoming rules for hobbyists etc.? I have seen the questions on the app and to be honestly serious... if you can't pass the quiz, you should not be flying a drone.

Below is a video with DJI's VP of Policy and Legal Affairs, Brendan Schulman talks about possible impacts of FAA and Congressional decisions on the hobbyist. He does talk about the quiz. Pretty interesting and does make a lot of sense.

2. I agree, if you don't know and understand what you are doing you should not be flying. But it won't stop the idiots that still do dumb things with it.