Do they break easily?

Discussion in 'General' started by asilnais86, May 31, 2016.

1. How sturdy is a drone? If it crashed or landed in water or something would it be ok or would it be ruined? Do you insure your drone?

2. I was reading reviews for some of the cheaper versions, and people were complaining about the wings falling off. I wander if there is certain brands that are the mist durable. I will definitely need a durable one with my lack of experience.

3. Yea me too, I will definitely be crashing mine a lot before I get good at it. They must have some kind of warranty when you buy one but I wonder if it covers damage through crashing.

4. That is a really good question. I will keep that inmind in case they offer a warranty at purchase. I will definitely need one. Haha.

5. Depends on the price, really. Most things in this world pretty much goes like higher price = higher durability. So if you paid a lot for it, then you probably would be able to expect it to survive a few crash landings in land and water. But if you get a drone from the lower end of the price spectrum, you can expect it not to survive a lot of crashes, because let's face it, a drone that needs to be able to fly remotely would end up crashing more times than none, am I right?

6. I would also assume that as with everything else, it would depend on the quality, and therefore the price, of the drone. The cheaper ones I wouldn't be surprised if they fell apart at the slightest knock. But you would obviously expect the more expensive ones to be more sturdy.

7. I hear a lot of people complaining about drones crashing and breaking all the time. Why is that? I also still don't understand whether it's the quality or lack thereof, or if it's the person flying it that causes the crashes. Are all drones prone to falling and crashing all the time?

8. Experienced operators are likely to only crash if they experience hardware failure. When we are talking video platforms.

There have been some Chinese drones rushed out to meet the huge demand and have had poor quality control. The CX-20 in its early days was terrible. My first one's flight controller was not secured sitting inside at a angle. I was a novice at the time and didn't understand what was wrong. Crashed it, broke the shell.

Some drones are also essentially made to be crashed. FPV racers are intended to be flown low and fast flying through obstacles. Crashes are inevitable.