FAA Symposium - Rule Changes Coming?

Discussion in 'General' started by LabRat1957, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Anyone more educated on this? I'm noticing chatter about the FAA Symposium, (#UAS2018, #drones) and lots of talk about tighter rule changes for recreational flyers as well as commercial. Remote ID and tracking for all drones has been brought up. Anyone attended the symposium or know the details on this?

2. The next meeting is 2nd Annual FAA Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Symposium on March 27-29, 2017 in Reston, VA. Looking at their agenda, I am not seeing anything else about Remote ID and tracking, it looks like right now they are waiting for the FAA to figure out what they are going to do.
    AMA continuously advocated for a common-sense approach to remote identification and tracking that doesn’t harm our hobby or low-risk operations. ( That's off AMA's website )

3. ??? I am at the 3rd annual FAA UAS Symposium in Baltimore now. The agenda is loaded with regulations, tracking etc. My wife and I were both asked to present and participate in panel discussions.

4. I just looked at the date of the one I posted, Maybe I was not fully awake when I posted it. Sorry