First drone, questions about RF interference with EVO

Discussion in 'EVO' started by giorgio, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Hi everyone, it's my first drone, I love the app so far, its laid out very intuitivel, been through most of the menus and the 2 manuals, my ballistic case came an hour ago so once I get it fitted I'll feel safe enough to take it outside.
    I was super bummed I didn't get the rugged pack but gotta love YouTube on EVO in the Nanuk ballistic cases, just unboxed it, better impact dispersion and IP68 water-resistance ratings than the GPX, and the color is a dead ringer for Autel orange this is what Autel should be using

I've been reading through the forum trying to work out a plan for any eventuality (I've serviced and built industrial automation since college and I cant help looking at equipment and thinking of every possible way it can be damaged and planning a recovery workflow). Anyways, I'm excited, if somewhat apprehensive, about random flyaway from radio-transmitter interference, I think I now have an ok understanding of fresnel zone calculations, but still have alot to read on the RF reflectivity properties of water, how bounced or reflected signals negatively affect transmissions, thinking its something other than reflective waveform cancellation, since it occurs only from at specific distance-multiples of the wavelength from the reflective surface.
    Gotta find out what proximity to cellular towers causes interference, what frequencies do, my practice area is 400 yards from a CDMA cellular tower. If I understand right, the worst RF frequencies for loss of signal are frequency multiples of the 2.4ghz autel transmitter and none of the US cellular GSM bands are an exact multiple, the GSM 850mhz band is close to a multiple, I think 850 is used mostly in Europe (gsm 850/900/1850/1900) none of the CDMA spectrum is a multiple (verizon/sprint towers), so is the radio interference danger primarily just from home or mesh wifi routers on 2.4 Ghz?
    Anyways gotta stop worrying and just fly it and its probably going to be ok.

Attached Files:

2. I might be pretty much on my own when I say I have no idea what your talking about but I do understand and totally agree with your last statement.