Force Battery to Self-Discharge

Discussion in 'X-Star / X-Star Premium' started by SJMarty, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Hello,

Is there a way to force a battery to start its self-discharge cycle immediately?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

2. Turn on your xsp with the battery you want to discharge then go to the batter settings and you can set up where the battery will discharge in 1 day if not in use or 3-5 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Another way of doing a discharge is to install the battery in the drone and take it for a flight. Depending on your conditions (weather ect...) all you would have to do is just hover although it maybe a bit more fun to actually fly a bit. This method may take up to 20 mins or so to accomplish depending on battery current state of charge but guaranteed to work.

4. My concern is that the self-discharge function does not seem to be kicking in. I have 2 batteries and I've put them both in the drone and set the discharge to 1 day and neither one of them is discharging. It's been at least 48 hours.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

5. It may restart the countdown each time you power up to check the status.

6. Yes, you are correct. I contacted support and every time I was checking the status LEDs by momentarily pushing the button, it was resetting the counter. I'm not touching it for a couple of days and we'll see how it goes. I'm sure it's fine...just operator error.

7. I did not know but it seemed possible.