FYI Autels Sun Hood For Tablet Incorrect Dimensions.

Discussion in 'General' started by blackattack3, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Hello! I just purchased Autels sun hood for tablets for my Samsung Galaxy Tab A (SM-T580).
    Autels description of fits up to 10" is incorrect this tablet is 10" across and the sun hood inside diameter is only 9-5/8".
    This 10" tablet does not fit without spreading the side folds.
    Thanks,
    Mke K

2. Video screens are measured diagonally. Without doing any calculations a 10" screen is only about 8-3/4" measured horizontally and that is just the screen. You also need to take into consideration the "frame" dimensions. I have the same sun shield on my Nvidia K1 Shield. It has about an inch on each side and about 2" on the top and bottom. Regards

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

3. They still claim that it will fit a 10" tablet, mine is a 10" tablet and its still too small.

4. I to bought the Autel sun hood for tablets up to 10"......the Samsung SM-T580 is a 10.1" screen.....doesn't fit, my fault not Autel's.

5. The TM-580 has a 10.1" screen.....

6. I'm using an Insignia 10.1". The hood fits very poorly. Even if my tablet was .1" shorter diagonally it wouldn't fit correctly.

When I measure the long inside dimension of the hood it's 9 3/8".

When I measure the long outside dimension of the tablet it's 9 7/8".

No way .1" shorter diagonal measurement is going to fix that.

The hood is simply built too small.

7. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A - 9.7" (found used on e-bay for $100) and it fits perfectly in the sun shade. I couldn't be happier!

I think another consideration is that some tablets have more of a widescreen landscape profile than the normal 4:3 ratio of many tablets. If you had a 10" or 10.1" tablet with this longer profile, then your diagonal would be longer, and it probably wouldn't fit.