Gimbal Malfunction

Discussion in 'X-Star / X-Star Premium' started by Roosty6, Mar 26, 2017.

1. For some reason my gimbal on the XStar premium stopped working mid flight today. Was working fine up to that point and then became unresponsive to my commands on the dial. When I brought it down the whole camera was shaking like it was trying to move but couldn't. Onscreen it appeared to be going through the full range but there was no actual camera movement. I powered down and tried moving the gimbal by hand. It was a little sticky like there was some obstruction inside and after a bit of working it seemed ok. Went out on another flight and it seemed back to normal. Anybody else had this happen? What did i wreck/repair?

2. Two questions....
    1, Did you recently have the gimbal/camera removed from the drone and maybe while being re installed it didn't click all the way in place.
    2, Did you just prior to this flight or ever forget to remove the gimbal lock prior to firing up the drone?

3. No, the camera has never been off the drone since I got it in December. But I did make the mistake of powering up the drone without removing the gimbal lock the very first time I took it out of the box. It has flown quite a few hours this winter without a problem so I thought it would be ok but maybe that first day I did some damage that is just showing up now.