Hello from the shores of Maldives

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dani551, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Hi guys, I am new into the areas of drone programming but I am certainly not new to programming as I have worked quite sometime as a Software Engineer.
    I would like to program my drone to fly on a predefined route and carry out custom actions when certain conditions are met. I have the custom actions part figured out but what that is keeping me scratching my head is that I am not sure how I am supposed to program the drone to takeoff, fly and land just with code and without any rc controller or APM Planner.

Now, the drone has a RPi aboard which can communicate with the PixHawk (I could change the setup if needed).

Any help is greatly appreciated,
    Dani

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk

2. Hi Dani. I was just in your area scuba diving! Beautiful Area!!
    The Owners' Manual for the X-Star Premium has the best instructions in it. Additionally, Autel has many excellent instructional videos which you can find on the Autel website, or on YouTube. On their website, go to Support / Instructional Videos / Navigation.

Right now, I'm working on the 'Orbit' function - really neat. In the future, I plan on using my drone to fly out over reefs - to get good overhead views (and pictures) of the reefs we might dive on. The Mantas and Whale Sharks that you have in your area make incredible drone pictures!

dani551 likes this.
  3. Awesome to hear from you. I too am inspired by the sea and I just cannot get enough of the sea despite being surrounded by it.
    Thank you for your help

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk