Howdy from Downunder!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Pie in the sky, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Hey folks, I have been flying drones for a few years now with a Parrot Anafi as my first, then recently getting a Mavic Air 2 after the Anafi had a fall from grace, plummeting from the sky! I have just bit the bullet on an Evo 2 Pro rugged package after meeting frustration with the capture quality of the MA2 not being up to the challenge for delivery to clients! It's perfectly good for social media sharing , but not for where high quality imagery is required; I'll be moving mine on quick-smart.

My primary use of aerial visuals is documenting places of historic interest, places in ruin, places undergoing renovation or repurposing and the like. I also explore the odd landscape and seascape image too. I refer to myself as an amateur, even if I do get paid to do what I love doing as for me it is much more about the artistic exploration and expression than the bottom line of making a dollar!

My background includes photojournalism, documentary film-making, long exposure and fine art architectural photography, so I'm not really new to using digital capture equipment for video and still imagery. I am just new to the Autel family, I guess.

I'm looking forward to getting my Evo 2 Pro bundle in about a weeks time and starting to learn how to use it to the fullest, I'm sure I'll have lots of questions along the way, but I promise to thoroughly read the destruction manual first!

If you see a Boof in my images or video, she is my Assistance Dog in-training (Service Dog for you American's) for my PTSD. She accompanies me everywhere and has maybe another year of training to go for completion of her training.

admin likes this.
  2. Welcome to the forum, glad you joined!