Howdy from Milwaukee, WI

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jack8911, Jul 17, 2017.

1. New to drones, new to Autel (x-star premium). That's 2 things, yeah?

2. Congrats and welcome to the forum!

3. Researching which Drone to buy so far I like the Autel premium and I will be using for fun not work. Live in Ohio born in West Virginia So give me your good and bad on the x Star very much appreciated Thanks

4. I was torn between the X-Star Premium and the DJI Phantom 4. Not a huge price difference if you buy off of Amazon. I went with the X-Star after reading countless reviews (complaints) from Phantom owners about horrible customer support at DJI. As a new drone owner, customer support was (is) critical for me, so that won out over everything else. Phantom 4 has a couple features that -- on paper -- distinguish it from the X-Star, but the modest price difference and the overwhelmingly positive (and nearly universal) reviews of Autel were enough to put me in the X-Star camp. Very happy so far.

5. I own two Autel XSP’s. Neither has given me any trouble. The biggest complaint from me is the hypersensitive yaw adjustment, for which a fix is due with the long-awaited new firmware. Otherwise, I’m quite happy with both of my XSP’s!

6. Thanks for the good responses

7. I was leaning towards the Autel anyway and with such good reviews I may purchase soon and will update then I am checking on insurance coverage for drones tomorrow