Impressed so far...

Discussion in 'General' started by Aerodrone1, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Although I've had my XSP for several weeks, I just got a chance to fly it last week and so far I'm pretty impressed. I forgot to deploy the antennas and set up a waypoint flight that took it about a quarter mile from me. Since the antennas were still folded the range was reduced and it lost communication with the controller. No worries, I got a message that said "communication lost, will complete waypoint task and return home", which it did. "Unfold antennas" is now part of my checklist. A friend that has a Phantom 4 was with me and he said the XSP performs a much more precise auto land than his Phantom.

2. Be careful with the auto land feature, it tends to go into the wobble of death coming down. And make sure where you are landing has some texture to it. The sonar works better when it can detect the ground surface. There is a section in the manual about this.

3. Good to know, I'll reread the autoland section in the manual. So far it's been really stable, only wobbled a bit when some wind hit it. Thanks for the info.

4. I have tried many times from many heights letting it do it's own auto descent. It always seems to hang right on the edge of VRS but never fails. I am now confident in it's rapid auto landing.