Mission Planner Drone Orientation

Discussion in 'EVO' started by Kenny, Sep 3, 2020.

1. How do I setup a mission plan (rectangle, polygon or other) to take pictures while keeping the orientation of the Evo always pointed north or any other compos value. All I’ve been able to do is create & fly a mission while taking pictures automatically but the drone is always changing orientation to the direction of travel. This makes it very difficult or impossible to work with the pictures taken because you have no idea of the orientation the picture was taken.

Thanks for any support,

2. Maybe a pic will help. Mission RHH.png

3. Late to the party, but since no-one else has answered I'll have a go. Short answer, you can't yet. Long answer, set up a waypoint mission to cover the area, set a POI a (long) way off your mission route in the desired direction and link the "waypoints" to the POI. That should keep the camera pointing towards the POI during the mission.

4. Thank you for getting back to me. That sounds tedious but a novel work around.

In a rush I unfortunately put the wrong battery in my EVO and took off. It's now in the very top of a 150' tree. I've since purchased an EVO II 8K and this is an feature in Explorer for way point missions.

Thanks again,

5. The trouble with waypoint missions is that you can set the camera heading, but you have to do it for every way point. Probably fine for a rectangular mission, but not for a mission with 60+ waypoints.

I did ask for a mission option that allowed you to fix a heading for the camera and let the software work out where that was at every point on the route, but nothing yet.

I've just noticed that the oblique mission also does what you are looking for...sort of. Take a look here: it is in Spanish, but about 30 s into the clip you can see the EVO doing what you are looking for.

As for the tree, ask a tree surgeon to climb up and get it :)

6. Nice, I'll have to remember that.

Thanks.