My Drone will not Hover

Discussion in 'X-Star / X-Star Premium' started by Darth_Wayner, Jun 2, 2019.

1. My X-Star premium will drop like a rock unless I keep the stick "trimmed" and apply throttle at all times.

- I calibrated the controller
    - I calibrated the compass
    - My batteries (controller and aircraft) are fully charged
    - I have not performed a firmware update because My Starlink is not Saying I am due for one (The in-app FAQ says it will tell you when the FW is out of date).
    - Air temperature is about 60F
    - This occurs at all altitudes

Has anyone ever had this problem?

2. Will it auto take off??

3. Yes. If I hold the take/off land button, it will apply throttle and ascend to it's pre-determined altitude (about 10-15 ft), and then immediately drop and crash.

I can also take off manually by applying throttle, but the drone will drop and crash if i take my finger off the stick.

4. I would call Autel, could have a bad mother board

5. I'm having the same problem. Did you get a solution?

6. No I have not gotten a solution...
    I've been flying it by holding my throttle stick up, but it's definitely not how I'd like to fly. I don't expect I would get an answer from Autel and I'm not willing to put a lot of money into new circuit boards etc. given this issue started for me after so few flight hours and it could just happen again. When I get tired of flying this way I'll probably just buy a new drone from a different manufacturer.

Zach likes this.
  7. Having the same issue. No hover at all. Updated firmware, batteries fully charged, just won't hover.

8. Had the same problem and talked to Autel. I just sent it back to them 3 days ago. No response yet.

brewstrwa1 and Zach like this.
  9. Thank you. Please keep us posted. We figured it was firmware, but we updated everything and that didn't help.

10. Yes, please. Update us. I haven’t contacted customer service yet since it’s a weekend, but found this thread when I Googled my ‘no hover’ problem.