New Battery setup

Discussion in 'X-Star / X-Star Premium' started by Bill in Utah, Aug 18, 2017.

1. A bit nervous since I screwed up a battery during the firmware update so I want to be sure to properly setup the replacement battery. The drone and original battery have been updated as instructed and without issue. I have a new battery fresh out of the box, what is the proper way to set it up or initialize it? I find no instructions covering this specifically.

2. Write the update file to the SD card. Put it in the drone. Turn on remote, then the drone and wait for it to update.

3. Bill, would you mind explaining what you did wrong that ruined a battery? The battery update seemed pretty basic but I just don't want to make the same mistake you did. :)

4. Charge it up and turn it on it will update automatically if the file is still on the card with the name change . If not you have to put it on the card and change the name. Leave the file on there in case you get more batteries or until the new update comes out.

WhoDatRPIC likes this.
  5. Thank you everyone for the info. Battery is updated and all is well. Hope the new update has the bugs worker out, anyone got 1st hand experience with it?

6. I've flown 4 batteries on the new update. I haven't had any problems. I'm getting adjusted to the faster movement.

7. Bill had tried to update his battery having less than 50% charge, a very easy thing to miss when in the mist of things getting updated.

WhoDatRPIC likes this.
  8. Thanks Norm.