New Forum Member out of Texas - Howdy!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by LabRat1957, Jun 30, 2017.

1. #1 LabRat1957, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2017
    Howdy Ya'll! Recently joined these forums although I've been flying for a couple of years. I'm also originally from Pennsylvania (Shhhhh!) where I still have some property but, have lived in the Lone Star State for over 30 years. I have been interested in the Autel X Star Premium since first seeing it last year and, although I have not purchased mine yet, I will in the very near future. I really love the orange one! I have heard nothing but great things about the XSP. Two people at the company I work for have the XSP and love it. From everything I've heard and seen, you really can't go wrong with the Autel. Right now I fly the Yuneec Typhoon Q500+, and a XK Detect X380. The X380 has GPS but not much else. It does have two auto-functions: Fly around point (orbit), and auto-panning. This quad is just fun to fly! It's stable, and gets about 23-minutes on a battery... not bad! I attached a RunCam to it for videos although there is no FPV. The Yuneec is fun too, and has the built-in screen for all the telemetry etc. It's BIG! It has large 13-inch props, and flys much quieter than smaller quads. I'm looking at the XSP because I want to upgrade to a quad with more features and the capability of getting more distance than my other quads. Also, I just love the color! Anyway, I hope to be a regular here in the Autel forums.

2. Your knowledge base is wayyyy ahead of me. I bought my first drone, the XSP, in March. I just know enough to be dangerous as the saying goes. I've started doing some semi-commercial work shooting video of events, people's properties, etc. Spent the past couple months shooting video of Agricultural farming equipment in action. That's intense.

I keep hearing rumors that Autel will be offering a new model version of the XSP soon. But I can't confirm that.

3. I haven't heard that specifically as yet however, I have been informed there are some changes on the way. There is supposed to be another change or addition to the firmware in the next couple of weeks as well. The orange XSP's are out of stock at this time and should also be back in a couple of weeks. That's why I'm waiting to buy. I figure I'll get the orange one I want with the new tweaks already in it. I'm sure Autel will have other interesting things coming in the future.

I just like to fly over and around places such as streams, rivers, ponds, and open areas in search of interesting things and animal life on the ground. It's very cool to be able see areas inaccessible to walking.