New in Central Virginia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by John McKay, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Just wanted to say hello! I am relatively new to flying drones but very excited and studying for certification. I am flying a DJI Phantom Pro Plus and bought my Autel X Star Premium last night. I bought the Autel because I wanted a drone I felt would be supported into the future with software, firmware, and camera upgrades. The Autel just seemed to be a better long term investment.

3 people like this.
  2. Welcome.

3. Made my first flight a bit ago. Too bad I had to backorder batteries. On the other hand they were 20$ cheaper at Best Buy so they are on the way. I am taking it a little slow to get very comfortable with the XSP. I am already feeling like this is my go to drone for general flying. Can't wait to take advantage of upgrades and adds as they become available. I did decide to order the landing gear extenders. It seems a bit tippy on landings, but I will adjust over time.

4. Welcome.

I agree concerning landings. After a dozen or so I started catching mine. I'm 100 flights in and never land on the ground.

Extenders will make your drone unable to be carried in the case. Same with prop guards. One of the major advantages of the XSP to me is the case.

3 people like this.