New owner of EVO II

Discussion in 'EVO / EVO 2' started by enigmatic51, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Just some quick questions...
    1. Do the controller stick screw out of the controller as the DJI do? Seem vulnerable to have them installed in transit...
    2. I am getting faint black bands on my screen kind of like props in a way but going left to right across the screen...any ideas?
    3.Can you review your videos threw the Ipad tablet which I have after a flight instead of removing the memory chip...
    Thanks in advance...

2. Hello,

Just now seen your post, hopefully you found the problem with the black/white bars issue.

This happened to my Evo 2 once, accidentally turn on the overexposure setting. Check your overexposure setting you may have accidentally turned it on, this will remove those black/white bars.

In regards to the control knobs, they are permanently fastened on, Can’t remove like DJI.

I fly the Evo 2 Pro, excellent piece of equipment. Has it’s short comings but the positives outweigh the negative, have a Mavic 2 Pro as well, but prefer Evo 2 Pro.

It’s faster to upload video from S/D card to iPad using a card reader, at least it is for me. Or, you can screen record that’s directly feeding into the iPad.

Enjoy your Evo 2, happy flying.
    Paul

3. Thank you for your reply...I did buy a EVO II Pro 6K...I like it better than the 8K...I am a DJI Mavic Pro2 flyer too...I must admit I like the control box better than the EVOs...The switches seem more functionally in better position that the EVOs...I do miss the switch on the side setting it from Sport to the other settings on the fly. The bars are not an issues on the 6K as on the 8K...I didn't find the correction on that myself on the exposures I must admit. I wish the the control knobs would come off. Having it gives me more freedom and off the chain on what and where I can go without asking third party. It definitely has advantages over Mavic Pro...I will keep them both... And again thats for the reply!

4. You’re welcome,

I’m glad you’re going to keep both, definitely enjoy each one for its strengths.

I flew both Evo 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Pro today, two batteries apiece. Both terrific pieces of equipment, although I don’t get near the advertised flight time with Evo 2 Pro it still has longer flight time over Mavic 2 Pro.

Happy flying
    Paul