OK, I can't wait now!

Discussion in 'X-Star / X-Star Premium' started by Windwalker7, Feb 20, 2017.

1. I just ordered an XSP from Amazon. I ended up getting a white one. I like the orange, but saved $60 by getting white. I also ordered another battery and prop protectors.

I have a question, will the drone fit in the case with prop protectors installed?

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

2. Best of my knowledge no they have to be removed.
    BUT. Maybe if you cut out the foam it could.
    I myself would not do that and destroy the original packing material.
    Blades remove and install is very quickly.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

3. Prop protectors will NOT fit in the case.

4. If you need prop protectors, your flying where you should not be. They are a completely worthless item, you should be in the air, safely above any objects with room to spare.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

5. I've never flown. Just ordered from Amazon. I thought they'd be a good idea until I get experience.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

6. Just fly in open areas. That's how I started. Above tree tops or in wide open places.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

7. Prop protectors are great for landing too. Although this has never happened to me I have seen some videos where the drone would tip over on landings and the prop protectors would save the props. I do recommend that once you are comfortable flying and landing to remove the protectors.

8. Hover at 5 feet, walk over and grab the vertical bar of the landing gear. I never land on the ground. Useless.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

9. Well that's a first, just curious but may I ask why you don't land the bird by conventional means such as auto land or a manual land as compared to grabbing at a 5' hover? I personally believe "landing" is very "useful"

10. Auto land works great, the aircraft will ascend slightly as it enters ground effect and then settle down to a nice landing. I enjoy hand flying the landing phase to see how gently I can touch down. I've done the hover and grab the landing gear once just for grins.