Propellers

Discussion in 'General' started by demaj, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Hi,
    Does anybody knows how long the propellers last?

2. I expect them to last until they're damaged.

3. I actually own the xstar and a phantom 3. Crashed my phantom 3 twice and the propellars broke instantly. Crashed my xstar twice and the propellars held up with a minor scratch. To me the xstar seems to be a more durable machine.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

4. In a pinch the DJI blades will work on your Autel X Star Premium, I am currently waiting on the deliver of a set of 3 bladded rotors (suppose to give it better performance, quicker response to control inputs, more stability on windy days) will see, I'll let you all know the outcome as soon as I get the blades

Mulk777 likes this.
  5. Have you come across any of these 3 blade rotors yet?

6. Yes I have several sets of 3 bladed rotors, they both cam from China or Tiwan. They work ok, but are not balanced very well and I get some vibrations in the drone. Both sets look like carbon fiber, when I placed them on a prop balancer they are way off. I've been working on one set little by little, using a file.

7. Are they quieter?

Thanks for bringing this up. I didn't know there was such a thing.

As to prop replacement, I plan to run them until they break.

8. I would be afraid they would cause too much stress on the machine, mainly the arms. I could be wrong. Most of the time the way something is engineered is the best.