Quick question

Discussion in 'General' started by Windwalker7, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Is it OK to store batteries at less than 50%. I'm done flying today, normally I charge them up but realize I am just adding more charge up cycles yo the battery if I don't fly in the next couple days. Just want to k ow if it harms the battery to store them around 20%

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

2. I can't imagine it would hurt them. I have mine set to discharge at 6 days. They rarely get an opportunity to do so.

If I fly and discharge them, I recharge that day. I always want to be ready to fly. I carry my drone in my truck every day.

3. I'm wondering if the automatic discharge could be contributing to reports of the batteries suddenly dropping in power during flights. There have been some reports of people flying with a charged battery only to have it lose charge rapidly in midair during the flight. Suppose you have a charged battery that is set to begin to auto-discharge in 5 days. On that fifth day you decide to fly. While flying, your battery "remembers" it's supposed to discharge then begins to do so while you are in the air thus draining it more quickly. Is this a real possibility? Could such a thing actually happen? Any battery experts out there?

4. I can't technically answer that. But on one occasion I installed a new battery and launched. After a couple minutes the drone started beeping and went into "critical land" mode. Maybe that's what happened?? Have no idea. Glad I wasn't far away!!!!!!