RTH test

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Agustine, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Pretty cold on the fingers this morning but wanted to get some more practice in on the XSP. This time using the return to home button. Learnt a thing or two :)
    Did not realize it spins around when coming home and once at home point it sits and hovers giving you the option to take over. This time I just let it do the landing. Was not impressed with the final result. Bounced a few times before coming to a stop. All the other times I would hand land to about 10 feet off the ground and use auto landing and it was always very smooth.

Also did a noobie mistake by not checking my video settings. Very dark WB coming back. Wish it was warmer so I could fool with this a bit more without freezing my fingers off :)

2. Interesting. I have not experienced that kind of bounce on landing.

3. If the XStar is landing in an area where there is cracks, ice, dark spots, it will move. Let's say you took off in a parking lot. It will see the lines and move slightly to make sure it is not landing on something, it is avoiding the painted lines.
    From what I understand, if you take off in a parking lot, and when it comes home to land and a car has parked there, it will move until it finds a better landing area. I Have not tested this.