Sensible Or Time For A Laugh ??

Discussion in 'X-Star / X-Star Premium' started by Robert Goldberg, Sep 21, 2016.

?

Could it work?

Poll closed Sep 24, 2016.
  1. yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. who knows

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. OK guys. I know this might be ridiculous but I bought these DJI gizmos and modified them to fit in the right direction on my XSP controller. I make no claims as I haven't even tried them yet. But I figured I would take a picture and let you see it and tell me if you think I'm crazy or whether you think they might actually provide any benefit. ears.jpg

2. How's it going my friend...i been following your post about not getting past 2500ft with ur xsp...I also own the xsp, and I e been into pro drones for 4yrs now..I was having the same problem here's what I did!....not sure if your familiar with website...www.fpvlr.com...these guys been in the game from the beginning and are known world wide throughout the drone community, and are highly rated buy all of its customers including myself..they do full proffesional antenna upgrades for extended range flights,and range issues,..they do both upgraded antennas and signal boosters if intrested. I've never had to use any boosters on any of the antenna upgrades I've done with them in the past due to the antenna mods I've done have blown me away with the distance! I've never needed a booster...I've had my phantom 3, 3dr solo, and yuneec q500 4K, all done by fpvlr for antenna upgrades!...every one of my upgrades I've gotten a bare minimum of 2 miles unboosted!...I'm telling you this because I've contacted fpvlr to see if they had a long range antenna made for the xsp yet and they do!..you will not see it on there website yet but they have done many xsp antenna mods!..as I was having a similar issue with the range like you were I contacted tony at fpvlr and they told me to send in the transmitter for the antenna upgrade...I just dropped it in the mail this morning and I will let you no when I get it back and will post pictures of the upgraded antenna on the transmitter, and how far and how well it worked!...I have never ever once been let down by fpvlr on any of my upgrades and in my opinion anyone who owns a high priced pro or semi pro drone should have fpvlr do an antenna upgrade!...even if you don't intend to fly over 2 miles,it's still good to no that if you needed to, it's there for you!..and there helix antennas are known to punch the signal through trees and other objects in your line of sight so all in all the upgrade is great just for signal alone during short range flights!...so give them a call my friend you will not be disappointed and do your research to verify that what I'm telling you about fpvlr is the truth and spot on!!...they have even been in past issues of some of the best drone magazines like drone 360 or rotor drone...check out the youtuber channel demunseed, he did a past interview with fpvlr on his channel and like me, he loves fpvlr so check them out,like I said there reviews and ratings are through the roof with excellent reviews and top notch upgrades...the price unboosted on my past upgrades are about $230 dollars...that's about $130 for the antenna and $99 for the labor...remember they don't have the xsp antenna listed on there webpage yet as it's rather new drone, but they do in fact have an xsp long range antenna!...wen I get mine back in about 12 days I will post a review and all the pictures of it!..so I hope this helps you a little my friend in your search for long range options for the xsp!...as I love this drone!..and I no you do to!...thanks again my friend, sorry for such a long post and a few "spelling errors"...lol..have a good night

3 people like this.
  3. Where are these guys located? They don't seem to have a US phone number. Their phone number on their site is in Italy. I am in the US. Where are you? I see they list a bunch of places in the US but I would like to know where you called and spoke with that guy Tony about this specifically?

Thanks,
    Rob

5. After you email them they will send you there number so you can physically call and talk to them over the phone..also check out some of there videos on YouTube ..and click on this link from demunseed to see fpvlr antenna and information.......

6. PJ, Tony's response to me was that it is in the design phase and I should keep watching the website for further news about it. That seems quite different than the status you gave me that they have already done a bunch of the mods for XSP owners.

7. With the attachments I listed above I saw absolutely no difference in performance. I am more than willing to pay for the FPVLR mod but when I inquired about it they said basically to watch the website and wait for it to come out.

8. Yes..I think he meant it's not out on the website yet..but they do right now have antenna for xsp,it's just not on the website cause there getting done with mass production on...like I said I mailed them my transmitter day before yesterday to do the antenna mod..I was gonna do the mod back it June -July but didn't have the money them...as you will see in this message below from tony himself telling me to send in the transmitter that was like 4 months ago or so,I didn't have the money then..but check out the email from fpvlr stating they do have an antenna mod for xsp it's just not in mass production on the website yet but you can still send in the transmitter for the antenna mod,and my message below from tony will prove that

Yes..I think he meant it's not out on the website yet..but they do right now have antenna for xsp,it's just not on the website cause there getting done with mass production on...like I said I mailed them my transmitter day before yesterday to do the antenna mod..I was gonna do the mod back it June -July but didn't have the money them...as you will see in this message below from tony himself telling me to send in the transmitter that was like 4 months ago or so,I didn't have the money then..but check out the email from fpvlr stating they do have an antenna mod for xsp it's just not in mass production on the website yet but you can still send in the transmitter for the antenna mod,and my message below from tony will prove that

image.png image.png image.png image.png

9. Not sure what to make of your information. Here is Tony's reply to me:

hi Robert, I don’t know where they would mail the controller, we moved from Boca Raton to San Marino Republic, overseas. NO we have NOT done any X-star premium mods as we are designing the product right now to be the best it can be and very user friendly mod. There’s nobody out there with FPVLR mod for the X-Star Premium.
    TOny.

So where exactly did you mail your controller and where is your info coming from as Tony does not agree with what you are saying?

10. I don't see why this wouldn't work on the X-star, Wifi model.

11. Love this drone! File_000.jpeg File_000.jpeg