Shifting control reactions

Discussion in 'X-Star / X-Star Premium' started by Bluewater, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Has anyone experienced shifting control reactions to input?
    My X Star premium has on occasion suddenly shifted control inputs in flight, in other words, left will switch to right, and forward to backward, up and down remain consistent. I have installed the latest firmware, and calibrated the remote, but it still occurs.

2. Only time mine does that is when I lose orientation as to which direction the drone is positioned. For my old slow brain, once I launch, I don't look at the drone again until time to land. :)

3. The drone is malfunctioning, has nothing to do with my orientation or perception of the drone orientation.

4. ...

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

5. Figured it out, the mode switch on the RC was halfway between IOC and GPS.
    Something to note when you handle the remote between flights make sure the flight mode switch on the remote is on GPS unless you intentionally want to switch to IOC or ATT.

6. So it was operator error, just a different type. :)

Glad you figured it out!!

7. Yes it was, glad I figured it out too.

8. Thanks for sharing that, sounds like something that could happen to just about anyone. At least I know it could easily happen to me, since so far I have always left my XSP in GPS mode and it never occurred to be to verify the switch position - another thing to add to my pre-flight check list!

Bluewater likes this.
  9. Exactly, not knowing how the drone would respond in that switch mode, I went through everything else first, RC Calibration, Binding, firmware install, etc. very frustrating, when I discovered the flight control mode switch was halfway between IOS and GPS, I felt like kicking myself, it was such an easy and obvious issue... but it will never happen again!