Some Newbie Questions

Discussion in 'X-Star / X-Star Premium' started by JasonNC, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Hello all,

I had a few newbie questions and thought I would try to get them all answered in one thread. My first question is do you think that propeller guards are worth installing? If you could fit the X-Star back into the case without removing the guards, this would be a no brainier as they are inexpensive. But the fact that you have to remove them screws and all every time you are done flying makes me question how much they really benefit you.

My second question is, I have saw where some people charge their batteries in a special fire retardant bag and store them in an ammo can of something like that due to the possibility of them exploding or catching fire. Is this massive overkill or a worthwhile precaution? I had planned to just charge them like any other battery on my work bench and store them in the case with drone but I don't want to put my home as risk if this is something the masses feel are worthwhile.

My third and final question is, I download a few apps and one of them is telling me my home is within 5 miles of a small airport. I live far out in the country, so this small airport must me some rich farmers landing strip. The app says I am required to call the control tower about my flights. I tried multiple methods of contacting this "airport" to find out if its still in operation, if they actually fly out of there and ask how they would like me to handle this and all the numbers I find on Google, Facebook, etc. for this airport are disconnected. Should this be a concern for me?

Thanks in advance
    Jason

2. I wouldn't worry about the guards.

Some people are paranoid. Charge like normal, store them in the case.

If you haven't seen any planes, I wouldn't worry.