Temperatures

Discussion in 'X-Star / X-Star Premium' started by kobelup, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Is it safe to fly at temps below 40 degrees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. 36 deg today and I flew one battery. Starlink app said battery was cold and just wanted me to hover but I flew it anyway, works for me. BTW, battery cold warning was on the entire flight at about the 10min time left remaining mark I checked the battery temp and was 64 deg. I don't think I will fly any colder.

kobelup likes this.
  3. I've had the xstar premium up there in cold temperatures. I don't think I have gone below 0F degrees but it has been cold enough that my fingers were getting too cold to work the controls and I had to bring it down. Everything else worked just fine. Took lots of winter pictures of the farm including this foggy morning shot. MAX_0021.JPG

KentA, kobelup and kev66us1 like this.
  4. That’s good to know. I want to take video of a Christmas candlelight they have every year in my home town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. Very nice pic Roosty6.

6. Roosty6:
    Looks like Antarctica (said a desert dweller)... nice shot!

kobelup:
    Look at 63 - 65 in X star user manual for Autel's recommended temperatures.

kobelup likes this.
  7. I warmed my batteries up in my truck defroster for 5 mins or so, not really hot, just warm and flew in 27 degrees with no hover warm up time and had great flying. I also cut the thumb, index finger and middle fingers out of a pair gloves to work the remote. Excellent! no more cold hands flying in winter such as it is here in Oregon. Now rain,,thats a different matter all together, ha,
    AL

8. The threat of the temperature and all goal is fit for the goals. The nature of the sort and writing help is inflicted on the goals. Margin is placed for the fixing of the goals for the citizens.