Traveling with Autel XSP?

Discussion in 'X-Star / X-Star Premium' started by Ben Altschul, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Hey guys,
    I just ordered the XSP (really looking forward to it :) ) and I would really like to travel with this drone to get some cool aerial shots while away.
    Does anyone have any experience with flying with the XSP and the included case on the overhead of the plane? I've never traveled with anything RC, but I'd imagine that you could not check a drone/lipos.
    Here were the dimensions I was given for the overhead:
    22" x 14" x 9"
    And the XSP case (per Amazon):
    21" x 18" x 11"
    So it seems it may be too big for traveling? Again, preferably wondering if anyone has traveled with this drone & please let me know of your experience. Maybe I can buy a more compact backpack if available?

Thank you!
    Ben

2. Mail it ahead to your motel and then mail it home afterwards. It is light it is cheap to mail.
    I often mail dirty clothes home when traveling.

3. I currently live in Mexico. While visiting in December I purchase my X-Star Premium. I flew Delta internationally and didn't have any problems with the hard case, even on the Mexican flight. I also didn't have any issues going through security.

4. Hi Garrett

Was the hard case able to fit into the over head or did you have to check it?

5. no, it fit in every overhead compartment, the 3 planes I flew on. I would NEVER check it, I've seen to many youtube videos of those guys throwing around luggage. If it for some reasond oesn't fit overhead, you can always check it at the gate, which is a much better option. just remember to take you batteries and put them in your carry on if you think you are going to end up checking it at the gate, as they need to be in the pressurized cabin.

2 people like this.
  6. Thanks for the info, very helpful