Well I guess everyone is new

Discussion in 'X-Star / X-Star Premium' started by kobelup, Jul 4, 2017.

1. So another new guy here. Lol
    I purchased my premium yesterday morning and let things charge while my family and I went to the park. The controller was almost charged when we came back and I put the battery on charge. For the next hour I read the manual and took note of the basics. First flight I was scared because that's a nice chunk of change hovering a hundred feet over my head. I stayed local and on beginner mode at my house. That evening we went to the in laws for food and fireworks. I took my drone and did some video of the house and people. When it got time for the fireworks I took beginner off and changed some settings and went up 280 feet and out 500. The fireworks were only 1/4 mile at most away. Being dark I didn't want to go to far and I was/am still was nervous about flying.

I guess my big question is. What settings are you suing to get the best quality for video? I know 1080p is great for my iPhone and iPad Pro, but I want to post video on Facebook. I tried YouTube and the video was grainy. Any tips for video or just ideas to make videos. Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 people like this.

2. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Well it depends on the scenario. Shooting in low light is guaranteed to have noise and grain. You'll have to be in manual mode and set your ISO to the lowest setting. Then adjust the shutter speed to something like 1/4 or close to that range. Then keep the quad steady so there's no blur.

Film in 2.7k and 4k looks good at night if you are shooting with the drone steady. Most social media compresses video to a lower quality. So shoot 2.7k or 4k and it will looking better in most cases on social media. I have a few examples on my YouTube and Instagram I'm sure. Just search for antpruitt on those.

2 people like this.
  4. I checked out your Instagram account. I will have to get some filters I think. I saw a huge difference in the daylight video. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. My pleasure. Filters are definitely great during the day. Not at night, though. :)

2 people like this.