What can you use drones for?

Discussion in 'General' started by asilnais86, May 31, 2016.

1. I admit, I'm a total beginner when it comes to drones. I know that they can have cameras on them and you can record their flight but other than that I'm pretty clueless. What can you actually do with drones?

2. Some places use them to deliver mail or packages. I think other people do it for fun or maybe for sport? I can think of plenty creepy uses that cause me to not want a random one flying over our house.

3. Yea it's kind of weird when you see one buzzing about and you don't know who's controlling it. It's like a robot stalker.

4. I think Amazon was in the right direction when they said they would use it to deliver packages from their facilities to your doorstep. You can also use drones for recreation, while fun to maneuver, it may end up breaking at the slightest damage, so you have to be extremely careful with them. I think it's also fun to have your own remote controlled plane, with a built in camera on it, and just have fun seeing the world as the birds see it. As long as you don't go into restricted areas, having drones can be pretty fun.

5. You can use your drone for various things. Some people use them mostly for fun and recreation, but they are being more and more used for practical purposes such as delivering mail or recording scenes. I haven't witnessed any drone that delivers things yet, but I have seen many drones that record some important events such as big gatherings of people in the outside, concerts, parades etc.

6. There are many different kinds of multi-rotors which can serve many purposes. The AXP is an aerial photography quad. Perhaps you'd be interested in racing small, agile quads. in that case, you need to look at a 250/210/180 class FPV racer. The uses are as varied as the combinations you can come up with. :)

7. Drones are for Chainsaws of course. chaindronestill.jpg

6 people like this.
  8. I would totally love to own one of those. I've seen them only on television and I can't wait until the day comes when I can have one of my own. It just seems like super fun. I just hate the thought that some people might be using them for less than innocent activities.

9. Applications for drones can be colorful and truly amazing. For example, drones have applications in fields such as wildlife and atmospheric research, disaster relief, journalism, and are even used by fans for racing.

There is a World League for drone racing!

http://thedroneracingleague.com/

10. It"s a lot of fun to sweep leaves in the fall, but it's more efficient, and a little safer, to use a rake.

5 people like this.
  11. Even despite of not having the knowledge to conceive them, I can think of several activities a drone can be developed for. Most of these activities I can think of are related to employ drones as replacement to humans for manual airborne labor, like high voltage transmission lines maintenance, or for night patrols with a drone drenched in camo like a complementary way to help the police do their duty.

12. The Science Channel recently started a series called, "Droned". It's on 5:00-6:00 Fridays. I think it's fairly good, not great, but worth watching. On one show, the Fr Lauderdale Fire Dept was looking into using drones to drop an inflatable rescue device. So far there have been four 30 minute shows.