What phone specs to look for?

Discussion in 'General' started by rhconcepts, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Hello everyone. I just received my x-star today but haven't taken it out yet. I have a iPad mini 2 but it's in a case and I don't want to take it out just to fly. So I'm looking for a phone or tablet just for the drone. I have a old LG LS-970 (<click for specs) that is rooted with 5.something but what specs should a device have? Should it have a compass in it?
    And if I buy another iPad mini would a ver4 be about the same as a ver2? I hear the iPad give more options on the screen compared to the android, is that true?

2. I bought a iPad mini2 to use for mine. Love it compared to my phone I used the first few times. You shouldn't have a problem with a case, unless it's a portfolio type. The iPad mini 4 shouldn't be a problem. It's prob not on the approved list since its new but don't see why it wouldn't work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Update: I have been using my iPad mini 2 and I wouldn't go any smaller then that. I have also been looking into 7-8" tablets with brighter screens but so far the mini is working great.