XSP Video Tutorials and/or Explanations.

Discussion in 'X-Star / X-Star Premium' started by Quagmire LXIX, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Thought I'd start a thread for users and potential users to familiarize themselves with how things work. Autel has some on their Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1QYiRZkTUkmyW7atm776nA/videos and I'll post my Waypoint Mode video. Anybody else doing such things are very welcomed and appreciated to post up.

10 people like this.
  2. Part 2 of Waypoint Walkthrough, displays Point on Map and Aircraft locations, seeks out limitations to note.

3. I would like to see less delay between way points and the ability to plan route with aircraft on the ground.

Thanks for video.

4. Sounds good to me X-Starman, #2 and #3 in my book after no forced FNWP. Thanks man.

Airmet over at RCG posted word of new Starlink and firmware coming, this is on the Apple store page:

Release notes for iOS V 1.3.19:
    - Improved compass calibration process
    - Waypoints enabled up to 99 points with firmware version 1.2.8 and above

5. While flying waypoints there is a "Hide" option to hide the Waypoint panel and restore the Camera Operation Panel. Do you know of a way to unhide it?

6. Tap the "Fly" button again to bring Autopilot menu back.

7. I thought I had tried that and it brought up a new waypoint panel rather than restoring the current route. I'll give it another shot.

8. I don't have my bird in hand to verify my thoughts, buy off the top of my head from your post, if you didn't start (start, not setup) the waypoint run before you hide its menu, you may have effectively cancelled that autopilot setup (possibly saving it as a favourite before hiding will help this) and that's why you start over. I know after you start the run and hide menu (to see gimbal angle), tapping Fly brings your autopilot menu back. If you are wanting to alter some camera settings, I'd suggest either before you setup a waypoint run or simply hit the "pause" button right after you start the run and do it, then unpause. You can hit pause anywhere during the run if needed to make cam adjustments.

Let me know if I'm on target.

9. It's been a few days so I don't remember the details. It's possible that I had already reached last waypoint before I clicked on "Fly". I have tried it since then and it worked as you described. I would like to check on whether it's recording video while other panels are up on the right side of the screen. I don't think that is part of the display on the remote but I wish it were.

10. We're setting up waypoints from the ground now, yay!